The department of endocrinology of MC Nairi provides diagnostics and treatment of a wide range of endocrine diseases. The main principles of the department are the use of modern method of diagnostic and treatment of endocrine diseases in accordance with the principles of evidence-based medicine. The active use of innovative technologies and achievements in the field of endocrinology, laboratory and instrumental diagnostic methods allow accurate and timely detection of endocrine diseases.
- Highly sensitive methods for determining the concentration of hormones, fat and carbohydrate metabolism
- Radiographic study
- CT scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy
Due to the multidisciplinary profile of the Nairi Medical Center, for endocrinological patients it is possible to provide the consultations of various narrow specialized specialists who are members of the multidisciplinary team: cardiologists, ophthalmologists, nephrologists, endocrine surgeons, vascular surgeons and other specialists, which greatly facilitates the timely diagnosis of the disease and promotes effective and comprehensive care.
To improve the patient's condition and improve the effectiveness of treatment, the department's specialists offer a set of therapeutic procedures in parallel with pharmacological treatment: protocols for physiotherapy, curative gymnastics, and individually developed dietary recommendations for each patient.
Priority directions in the activity of the department are diagnostics and treatment of:
- diabetes mellitus (type 1 and 2),
- thyroid gland diseases,
In the Department the modern diagnostic and treatment methods are actively introduced that allow to identify the disease at an early stage and monitor the effectiveness of treatment: pump insulin therapy, a system of constant monitoring of glucose (CGMS), which allows to adjust the dose of insulin and treatment regimen individually for each patient.
On the basis of the department there is a school of self-control in diabetes, obesity and thyroidology, where patients learn how to inject insulin (syringes, syringes), compile a personal diary of nutrition with the calculation of calories, etc., which helps to prevent the development of complications.
Experienced endocrinologists provide specialized assistance to a wide range of patients with various endocrine disorders:
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary diseases,
- Adrenal gland diseases
- Parathyroid gland diseases
- Diseases of bone metabolism (osteoporosis, vitamin D3 deficiency)
- Anton Luger, MD, Professor of Medicine, Head of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, General Hospital of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
- Rozhinskaya Lyudmila Yakovlevna, MD, Professor, Chief Researcher, Department of Neuroendocrinology and Osteopathy, FGBU Ents MZ RF,
- Karonova Tatyana Leonidovna, MD, Head of the Laboratory of Clinical Endocrinology, FGBU "SZFMITS named after V.A. Almazov" of the Ministry of Health of RF, Professor of the Department of Faculty Therapy of PSPbGMU after I.P. Pavlov
- Department of Neuroendocrinology and Bone Diseases, Endocrinology Research Center
- Academy of Medical and Technical Sciences (AMTN) of the Russian Federation
- European Thyroid Association (ETA)