General & Laparascopic Surgery N2
At the Department of general and laparoscopic surgery N2, there are created all conditions for patients’ effective surgical treatment, postoperative care and rehabilitation. The operating theaters correspond to international standards on sterility safety. Modern equipment of the department and operating theaters allows our specialists to perform surgical interventions of any difficulty, to improve care quality, decrease the risk of complications and to shorten the stay period of patient at the hospital. At the Department we perform elective surgical interventions to the patients with the primary abdominal and esophageal hernias, with stomach, gall bladder, pancreas, kidneys, adrenal glands, large intestine and rectum pathologies. Also, an emergency surgical intervention is carried out during 24 hours. We pay a big attention to laparoscopic method of surgical procedures. During surgical treatment at the Department we use modern and minimum invasive methods, ensuring minimum traumatism during surgery and fast postsurgical recovery of the patient.
At the Department there are carried out the following surgical interventions:
- oncological and general surgery of gastrointestinal tract (stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum, pancreas, liver, biliary tracts) using traditional, as well as laparoscopic and minimum invasive methods,
- obesity treatment, using laparoscopic technique (gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass and intragastric bubble),
- interventions on endocrine pathologies (right and left laparoscopic adrenalectomy, minimum invasive interventions on pancreas),
- Surgical treatment of small intestine Crohn’s disease,
- interventions during pathologies of esophagogastral passage, using traditional and laparoscopic methods (esophageal hernia of esophagus, gastroesophageal reflux disease, esophageal achalasia),
- traditional and laparoscopic surgery of anterior ventral and inguinal hernia,
- interventions during spleen pathologies,
- laparoscopic interventions in case of parasitic and non-parasitic cysts of liver and spleen.
- Following the tendencies of world surgery development to decrease the invasiveness of surgical interventions, the priority in the Department’s work belongs to the sparing and less traumatic methods of surgery. The Surgical department is equipped with the most modern devices and innovative methods of treatment, which allows to implement vast interventions with minimum risk for the patients’ life, and widens the possibilities of safe surgery. Modernized operation block is a contemporary operation complex that allows not only to perform the most complicated surgical interventions, but also to conduct videoconferences, real time tele-medical broadcasting, to carry out distant teaching programs in the frames of continuous medical education in Armenia as well as with participation of foreign colleagues. Surgical treatment in the Department is carried out according to the world standards and demands with high index of effectiveness
- The Department is equipped with full spectrum of modern devices from the leading European companies. Specialists of the Department have been trained at the clinics of Europe and the USA.
- Postoperative wards of high comfort are equipped with central oxygen input, system of respiration, blood pressure and heart rate monitoring, ECG, and also with the system of emergency nurse call.