Obstetric and gynecological service at the NAIRI medical center functions from the day of its foundation. The main activities of the service are the preservation and restoration of women's reproductive health, the prevention of cancer, family planning and antenatal care for pregnant women.
Leading specialists have undergone an improvement in the universities of Harvard and California (USA), as well as in clinics in Europe (France, Belgium, England, Germany). The work is based on protocols that meet international standards.
The department of gynecology conducts the surgical and conservative treatment of gynecological diseases. Conservative treatments are designed for the treatment of gynecological patients with irregular menstruation, inflammatory disease of female genital organs, infertility and miscarriages.
The department carried out all relevant abdominal surgery. The high qualification and experience of specialists allow performing the complex laparoscopic surgery. Due to multidisciplinary profile of MC Erebouni and high qualification of surgical and urological departments of the Centre, the specialists of Gynecology Department has the opportunity to conduct very complex combined surgical intervention jointly with specialists from other specialized departments.
Gynecology Department conducts examination and treatment of patients with the following disorders:
- adenomyosis and external endometriosis,
- benign and malignant tumors of the genitals,
- chronic pelvic pain,
- reproductive disorders (infertility, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy)
- pelvic infl ammatory disease,
- intrauterine pathology (uterine fi broids, endometrial polyps, etc.)
- congenital anomalies of the genitals,
- ovarian sclerocystic syndrome,
- pelvic organ prolapse (prolapse of the vaginal walls and the uterus)
- urination disorders.
The patients’ examination performed with the use of:
- transabdominal, transvaginal three-dimensional and four-dimensional ultrasound examination of the genitals, with Doppler assessment of blood flow in vessels,
- ultrasound of breast
- immunological examination,
- hormonal survey
- bacteriological methods of examination,
- radiological evaluation of tubal patency,
- endoscopic methods (colposcopy, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy)
- cytological methods of investigation,
- histopathological methods.