Urological service is a modern, high – technology subdivision, which ensures 24-hours admission, diagnostics and treatment of patients on routine and emergency basis.
The Department holds a leading position in specialized medical services concerning male, as well as female urinary ducts and male reproductive organs.
We use modern methods of diagnostics and treatment. There are carried out the surgeries on kidneys by laparoscopic methods, endourological surgeries such as transurethral resection of urinary bladder and prostate gland, ureterorenoscopy, pretreatment of oncological diseases, including prostate gland, scrotum and urinary bladder, especially for the development of intestinal transplant.
Andrological service of the Department includes a treatment of male infertility, erectile dysfunction (ED) with using contemporary methods.
Thanks to multidisciplinary character of Nairi MC now it is possible to combine the work of urologists, endocrinologists, radiologists, oncologists, gynecologists, nephrologists and other specialists.
In the frames of urological services, the patients receive examinations and treatment for renal pathologies and complications, which are the results and consequences of the other diseases that led to the renal pathology:
- acute and chronic glomerulonephritis,
- chronic pyelonephritis,
- periodic diseases,
- amyloidosis of kidneys,
- acute and chronic renal insufficiency,
- diabetic nephropathy,
- functional renal insufficiency, as a complication.
- secondary glomerulonephritis during collagenases,
- lupous nephritis,
- kidneys affection during system vasculitis,
- vascular nephropathy,
- hypertonic diseases with kidneys affection,
- toxic and medicinal affections of kidneys, correction of medicines’’ doses, which are withdrawn through kidneys, depending on creatinine clearance, adequate rehydration.
- consultation of pregnant women with kidneys pathologies.
Diagnosis and Treatment of the patient is carried out on the data basis:
- clinical and laboratorial examinations – general and biochemical blood tests, hormonal and immunological analysis, urine test, urine inoculation and flora testing on antibiotics sensitiveness, urine biochemical analysis, urine cytological analysis,
- Instrumental tests – ultrasound examination, including Doppler analysis, CT-scan, intravenous urography, X-Ray methods, Methods of radioisotope scanning, kidneys biopsy etc., which allow to carry out careful diagnostics of kidneys diseases and adjacent pathology that could affect the kidneys function.
Each patient of the Department receives an individual approach. At the Department we successfully apply new methods of medicament treatment and diet therapy, which allow in short period of time to stop the exacerbation of disease, prolong remission period during chronic diseases and stop further development of disease.