X-ray Diagnostics Department
Despite to existence of new and advanced technologies as computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), the X-ray method of diagnostics stays leading in the diagnosis of many diseases because of its swiftness and simplicity of implementation that does not require special preparation of the patient. It is also the only screening method of an early diagnosis of many diseases.
A major role is also played by the widespread availability of this diagnostic method to patients alongside with its high informativity and low cost.
- X-ray examination is the main and leading method of examination of chest organs, spine and locomotor system.
- Chest X-ray examination allows to diagnose inflammatory, oncological, fungal, infectious and other diseases of lung and other organs of the chest.
- Spine X-ray examination reveals traumatic, degenerative – dystrophic (osteochondrosis, spondylosis, spondylarthritis), inflammatory, oncological diseases, static disorders and anomalies of development.
- X-Ray examination of various areas of locomotor system is the leading method for determining traumatic, inflammatory, infectious and oncological diseases, other pathologies of bones and joints.
- X-ray examination of abdominal and pelvic organs with the use of contrast agents allows to determine the shape, position, functional state (tonus, peristalsis)
- X-ray examination of GIT is performed to diagnose inflammation, ulcers, polyps, diverticulum, tumors, intestinal obstruction.
- X-ray examination of the biliary tract is performed to determine the contours and dimensions of the gallbladder, the size of the lumen inside and outside the hepatic bile ducts, and the detection of concrements.
- X-ray examination of the urinary system (X-ray overview, excretory urography) are performed to determine the presence of concrements and kidney function.
- Contrast X-ray examination of the uterus and its appendages (HSG) allows to assess the state of the uterus, reveal pathologies, as well as determine the patency of fallopian tubes.
Modern X-ray diagnostic equipment from Siemens Iconos R100 with digital set top box allows providing high -quality image, the possibility to archive and transfer the examinations images to digital media.