Innovative technology and methodology
Today in Nairi MC in the treatment of patient the large specter of innovative technology and methodology are used.
In Nairi MC the minimal invasive technology, endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeries are in wide use in the different fields: gynecology, neurosurgery, general surgery, ENT etc. This give patient opportunity to get healthy without open surgery and consequent to it complications, pain and discomfort.
In General & Laparoscopic Surgery Department the large scale of endoscopic surgery for different abdominal organs is performed. Here the innovative technology of open surgery combined with the virtuouse laparascopic intervention are performed. Amoung thelong list of surgery types are the following surgical intervention:
There is laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery methodology for treatment of gynecological disease as endoscopic and laparoscopic hysterectomy, myomectomy, laparoscopic sacral colpopexy, laparoscopic comprehensive staging, sentinel node concept, ovarectomy etc. which are usually the cases for open surgery.
The laparoscopic myomectomy is the removal of uterine fibroids causes the minimal postoperative adhesions. It is important for those women who is planning the future pregnancies.
The laparoscopic sacral colpopexy is the “gold standard” in the treatment of the uterine descent. Its advantages in these patients are the very high functional results, fast and painless postoperative course and low probability of the disease relapse.
The Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy is used in the treatment of early stages of cervical cancer. The modification of radical hysterectomy called the Total Mesometrial Resection and it is available in NAIRI Medical Center. This modification obtains 15-20% more survival with excellent functional results.
Laparoscopic comprehensive staging is a complex procedure that includes the uterus removal, pelvic lymphadenectomy, para-aortic lymphadenectomy and omentectomy. The comprehensive staging surgery may be used for surgical treatment of almost all gynecological malignancies depending on tumor stage and localization.
Sentinel node concept is a novel concept is based on the statement that the cancer cells of the primary malignant tumor are affecting not all but the certain regional lymph nodes called the SENTINEL LYMH NODES. A special dye is injected peri-tumorally prior to the surgery so as the sentinel lymph nodes are stained and can be easily found and removed during the surgery. Thus the unaffected healthy lymph nodes are spared and unnecessary traumatization of the patient can be avoided.
The clinic of endoscopic neurosurgery and spine surgery developed and introduced into the routine practice of Nairi MC the following innovative methods of treatment:
- Endoscopic surgery of intervertebral hernias by trans-formenal access
- Laser ablation of intervertebral hernias
- Vertebroplasty of different sections of the spine in cancer lesions or fractures
- Reconstructive surgery of various sections of the spine with the implantation of new implant systems
- Endoscopic surgery in pituitary gland and certain areas of the brain oncology cases
- Various blockades, performed under the CT and X-ray control
- Treatment of various pains with the use of Cosman technology
- Surgery of oncological lesions of the brain using the StealthSation system
- Laser ablation of the brain and spine tumor with the use of the Cosman generator
- Minimally invasive surgery of brain hemorrhagies with the injection of the enzyme acetylase in the hematoma
In the Department of ENT the implementation and application of the latest technologies and methods of diagnosis with the use of optical and video systems and data archiving allow to carry out not only a highly accurate diagnosis, but also provide clinically substantiated treatment of the patients under the optical control, which increases the percentage of positive results of the treatment by 40 -50%. With the use of rigid endoscopes of Karl Storz Company, with video recording Sopro Imaging system in the Department performed such innovative surgery as:
- Video endoscopic diagnosis of nasal cavity and paranasal sinus fi stulas - endoscopic examination of the nasal cavity and nasopharyngeal structures; Video endoscopic sinusoscopy - endoscopic examination of the paranasal sinuses;
- Video-endoscopic Fibro-rhino-pharyngo-laryngoscopy - endoscopic examination of the nasal cavity, nasopharynx, pharynx, larynx;
- Using otoscopes of Karl Storz Company and microscope of Karl Zeiss Opmi Pico, with video recording Sopro Imaging system it is possible to provide video-endoscopic otoscopy - endoscopic examination of the auditory canal, tympanic membrane, tympanic cavity and discover persistent perforation or other diseases.
- Endoscopic septoplasty - microsurgical intervention in the nasal septum with its deformation, perforation;
- Endoscopic intervention at birth, including neonatal and iatrogenic choanal atresia;
- Endoscopic intervention in the nasal turbinates using radiosurgical device Ultracision Harmonic Scalpel (Ethicon Endo-Surgery, USA) (USA), the bipolar radiofrequency coagulation of Surtron company (LED, France), in chronic hypertrophic, allergic and vasomotor rhinitis;
- Rhinoseptoplasty is operation in congenital, acquired and secondary deformities of the external nose and intranasal structures;
- Endoscopic treatment of chronic suppurative rhinosinusitis - sparing endoscopic microsurgical intervention with the correction of intranasal structures, anastomoses of the sinuses in various diseases that leads to chronic inflammation in the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses;
- Endoscopic intervention in the presence of foreign bodies of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses, including odontogenic origin, penetration into the maxillary sinus filling material, different parts of the dental implants.
- Endoscopic treatment of polypoid rhinosinusitis - sparing endoscopic dissection affected polypous process of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses and their sanitation;
- Endoscopic treatment of cysts of the sinuses - endoscopic sparing dissection of the affected by cystic sinuses and their sanitation.
At the ENT Department the traditional ENT surgery methodology with the use of contemporary equipment had been improved and optimized in accordance with existing international standards:
- Endoscopic adenoidectomy - adenoidectomy under visual control with the use of special tools and mono- and bipolar radiofrequency coagulator Surtron (LED, France), which made it possible to signifi cantly reduce the rate of recurrences;
- Tonsillectomy performance with the use of radiosurgical device Ultracision Harmonic Scalpel (Ethicon Endo-Surgery, USA) and bipolar radiofrequency coagulation company Surtron (LED, France). This allow to achieve the minimization of the blood loss during intervention, reduces pain and the risk of bleeding in the postoperative period that is especially important in case of children treating.
Ophthalmology Clinic of Nairi MC conducts a full range of high- tech services both in the field of diagnostics and in the treatment of eye diseases both in adults and children by conservative or medicinal, laser and microsurgical methods using the unique and the most advanced technologies.
Lasers of the latest generation of Zeiss (Germany) have been installed to treat eye fund diseases and to perform laser operations for glaucoma and secondary cataract.
At the Nairi Dental Clinic, a full range of dental services is provided on the basis of state-of-the-art European equipment: