Obstetric – gynecologic service of “Nairi” MC has been functioning since the Center’s foundation. The principal direction of the service is the support and women’s reproduction health recovery, prevention of oncological diseases, family planning and antenatal care of pregnant women.
Leading specialists underwent the special training in the Universities of Harvard, California (USA), at European clinics (France, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany). The basis of working activity are international standards.
Spectrum of obstetric and gynecological services:
- antenatal care of pregnant women, including high risk pregnant women and with corporal pathologies,
- preparation to delivery in accordance with Lamaze program, when the partner participates during delivery,
- examinations, prophylaxis and treatment of gynecological patients (conservative and surgical),
- prophylactic screening programs (PAP test, breast ultrasound examination, densitometry) of osteoporosis, cervical cancer and breast,
- infertility: examinations, diagnostics and treatment of married couples,
- consultation of different specialists in different fields (endocrinologists, genetics, urologists, fertility specialists, neurologists, cardiologists etc.),
- fertilization methods, family planning questions.
The Center is equipped with modern devices, which ensures a full examination and treatment of the patients.
- Screening and doppler analyses of first trimester is carried out by using Siemens 3000 device.
- In third trimester we perform cardiotocography of fetus, if there are indications for amniocentesis and amnioreduction. During pathologies of cervical cancer, we carry out colposcopy of cervix, biopsy, and in case of emergency – we also use semiconductor ray LEEP and conization of cervix.
- At laboratory we carry out a full spectrum of such examinations as clinical, cytological, biochemical, serological, hormones detection, as well as with the use of polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
At the Department of Gynecology, we carry out surgical and conservative treatment of gynecological diseases.
Conservative methods of treatment are indicated for the treatment of gynecological patients with irregular menstruation cycle, with diseases of female genital organs, infertility and miscarriages.
At the Department we perform all necessary surgeries of abdominal cavity, giving a preference to minimum invasive laparoscopic surgery. Thanks to multidisciplinary specialists of Surgical, Urological and Gynecological Departments, we jointly perform complicated surgical interventions.
At the Department of Gynecology, we carry out diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- adenomyosis and external endometriosis,
- benign and malignant tumors of genital organs,
- chronic pelvic pains,
- reproduction disorders (infertility, miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy),
- inflammatory diseases of female genital organs,
- intrauterine pathologies,
- congenital anomalies of genital organs,
- syndrome of sclerocystic ovaries,
- prolapse of small pelvis organs (prolapse of uterus and vaginal walls),
- urination disorder.
Patients’ diagnosis is based on the results of the following examination:
- transabdominal, transvaginal three-dimensional and four – dimensional ultrasound examination of genital organs by doppler – metric estimation of blood flow in the vessels,
- breast ultrasound examination,
- X-Ray study of uterine tubes patency,
- colposcopy, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy,
- detection of hormones in blood,
- immunologic, cytologic, microbiologic and histologic examination of blood.