Diagnostic procedures and manipulations in the Department may last from 30 minutes to 1 ½ hour depending on the character of patient’s complaints, objective indications, as well as the patient’s age. During examination the high – qualified specialist detects the vision acuity, refraction, measures intraocular pressure etc. Besides, doctors examine the eye condition with special microscope (biomicroscopy). They also check eye grounds, condition of retina and optic nerve, including check up on mydriatic pupil (ophthalmoscopy). Also they detect the level of lacrimal production, field of view (perimetry). To detect the pathology of eye’s rake angle we perform gonioscopy. Additional procedures may include a measurement of cornea’s thickness (pachymetry), and also detection of the length of eye’s anterior – posterior axis, using ARA or echo- biometry.
Device methods of examination also include ultrasound diagnostics of the eyes (B-scan), optical coherence tomography (OCT) and computer keratotopography.
Diagnostic Service includes:
- Initial examination room
- Glaucoma diagnostics room
- Cataract diagnostics room
- Ametropia diagnostics room
- Retina diseases diagnostics room
- Lacrimal passage pathologies and eyelids deformation diagnostics room
In consultation – diagnostic Department our specialists perform a wide spectrum of examinations and diagnostics of eye diseases (myopia (shortsightedness), hyperopia (long-sightedness), astigmatism, virus, bacterial and demodectic eye diseases, cornea, eyelids and conjunctiva diseases, pathology of lacrimal passages, etc.). In the Department we have a large arsenal of modern diagnostic devices that helps to ensure an early detection of serious diseases such as a pathology of retina and optic nerve, glaucoma and others.
If additional methods of examination are prescribed, we use the following equipment:
- Diagnostic device of eye parameter’s contactless examination with estimation of intraocular lens IOL Master 500, Carl Zeiss company;
- Coherent optic tomography RTVue – 100;
- Automatic eye tonograph GlauTest-60;
- Pakhymeter – Biometer OcuScan;
- Keratotopography AllegroTopolyser, WaveLight AG company;
- Critical fusion frequency device Light-Test;
- Ultrasound A/B/ scanner, Tomey UD 6000 company;
- Perigraph “PERIKOM”.
Gevorg S. Bareghamyan, ophthalmologist, Head of Clinic
Sofia H. Kasyan, ophthalmologist
Anna A. Allaverdyan, ophthalmologist
Astghik A. Kyureghyan, ophthalmologist
Diana H. Hovhannisyan, ophthalmologist
Lilit L. Mantashyan, ophthalmologist
Marina R. Kirakosyan, ophthalmologist
Yelena K. Matevosyan, ophthalmologist